Friday, December 10, 2010

Fred Tomaselli


Absolutely everyone must must MUST go to the Brooklyn Museum and check out the Fred Tomaselli exhibition. I went this past Wednesday and it was definitely one of the best shows I've seen to date. This guy's work is MIND-BLOWING...literally! I wanted to see so much more, but I walked out with a supreme amount of brain pain from everything that was already there.

The images online do his work little to no justice. You really have to experience them in person. They are SO perfect and reeeeeally smart. I can't even intelligently articulate how much you should go see this show. JUST. GO!

Check out Flavorwire's review of PART (yes, only PART) of the show HERE.

...there was also an interesting Norman Rockwell show that went behind the scenes of his process. He's definitely super talented (no denying)...but it kinda left me giving him the side-eye in a sense.

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when I went with a group to the Norman Rockwell Museum earlier this year.

    And the Brooklyn Museum is in my sights. When is the show coming down?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it was really strange. He kinda ripped off a bunch of different photographers.

    The show comes down January 2nd!

    ReplyDelete